Sunday, October 28, 2012

Boo Bags!

Well, it's been another weekend of a head full of craft projects and not enough time to do them all!

I had to get some treats ready for my littlest guys school party on Halloween by tomorrow, so my other projects had to take a back seat for a while today.

Now, I have always said that when your financially challenged, you have to be creative.  I think some of my creativity comes out of necessity, really.  

I was looking for a project that I could give one of to 20+ kids in the classroom for under $10.  A tall order, I know, but I managed to pull it off!

These little "Boo Bags" fit the bill perfectly!



To make these, you will need:

  • 3 bags of Cheeto's Puffcorn (or less, depending on how many you are making).
  • Cheap (and I mean any bag will do) Ziploc bags.
  • Printer Paper
  • Black construction paper
  • Stapler
  • Sharpie
  • Glue
I got about 6 Boo Bags per Puffcorn bag.  I also did some microwave popcorn mummies, so the 18 Boo Bags plus my popcorn mummies will take care of everyone in the class. :)

1) Fill each Ziploc bag with Puffcorn a little more than half way.

2)  Cut strips of construction paper the width of your Ziploc bag and about 4-5 inches tall.  Fold each strip in half, position it over the top of the bag (to hide the zip strip) and staple it down on each side.

3)  Make some ovals on your computer that are about 1 1/2" tall.  Print them off and cut them out.

4)  Glue two eyes on each bag.

5)  Use Sharpie Marker to draw a black dot on each eye.

This craft couldn't be simpler, was fast and cheap and I think the kiddos will get a little kick out of them.

Now....off to make my little guy's costume out of a pack of construction paper and an empty cardboard box!




No comments:

Post a Comment