Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Box of Sunshine

It has already been an incredibly busy week at work.  I have taken a new position that I start in a couple of weeks and I have been frantically trying to get things in order before I go.

It is a bittersweet departure as I work with some really great people!  One of them was pretty down today (for a very legitimate reason which I won't go into).  I think the world of this gal and wanted to do something to cheer her up.  What could be better on a cloudy day than a box of sunshine?


 Here is my finished box:


Now, I already had this great container that a friend gave me a while back.  It actually came with a lid, but in this case, I can't use it.

So, I started with my container and the top of my paper shredder.  You know the pesky ends of shipping paper rolls?  That piece that is too short to wrap a box with but just big enough that the Hoarder in you doesn't want to throw it out? Cut those into strips the width of your shredder and let them fall straight in your container like so:


Next, I took some tissue paper, cut it into strips and ran those through the shredder.



Fill the box with your sunshine.  I chose a lot of lemon flavor items.  My friend has a little girl that is young, so I figured she could use some of the items in the box :).

I will probably add some paper flowers as filler.  You could also use a hat box for this and prop the lid up behind the back and shrink wrap it.  I can think of a ton of ideas!  If you make one send a photo my way!





No comments:

Post a Comment