Sunday, October 21, 2012

Circle Quilt Part 2

Today I got through enough steps on the quilt to do Part 2 of this tutorial.  Now that you have your circles made, you are ready for your next step.

Arrange all of your circles on your backing fabric.  I used a roughly 42" X 42" piece of muslin.  I really contemplated putting these on a white background (which would have looked great), but I have always wanted to do a top with muslin.  I had this muslin lying around that someone had given me and I used a little more than a half of a charm pack on this quilt, so for the roughly $3.50 I have in this top....I figured I could chance it with the muslin.

After you have your circles arranged the way you like, pin each one down.  I just used a single quilting pin in each circle.


Next, following the package directions on your fusible stabilizer, iron each circle down.  

Now, using a narrow zig-zag stitch.  Sew each circle down to your backing fabric.



Here is a finished circle.  They are actually quite flat once they are sewn down.


And, here is a shot of some of them tacked down and some not sewn down yet.  


 I have not quite made a decision on how I am going to quilt mine just yet! 


1 comment: