Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sampler Block #3 - Star

Every now and then something happens that reinforces something that you already know, and this block was one of them for me.

I had been putting off my first paper pieced block just dreading it!  I had this picture of it being so hard and wondered if I had the skills to pull it off.

I bit the bullet this week with the Star block.  Now that it's finished, I feel silly for dreading it so badly.  I was much easier than I thought....looking back to how afraid I was of it, it seems so silly now.

I will say, though, for any of you who have not paper pieced before KEEP YOUR INSTRUCTIONS HANDY!  While the process was simple, I found it a little confusing which fabric faces toward you, which faces away, etc.  I did hit a couple bumps in the road and did some seam ripping on this one.

Thankfully, the instructions on freshlemonquilts.com was very well done with great photos.  I would recommend following her advice and writing your colors on your paper templates before you start stitching!  Click here for the tutorial and templates for this block.

Here is a shot of my first paper pieced block ever!  I know it won't be my last!

Star Block

Here is a shot of all the sampler blocks so far....

Mosiac, Star, Greek Cross (from left to right)

No comments:

Post a Comment