Monday, September 3, 2012

Daisy Wheel Crochet Washcloth

I just finished up this washcloth for my bathroom. It will be one of several to coordinate with a new shower curtain I got at a yard sale.  

I stumbled across this pattern online over a year ago.  I loved it!  I printed it off, made one, gave it away then stowed the pattern away in a crate for a rainy day.  When i finally decided to make one for myself....could not for the life of me remember what I did with it.  I thought, "no problem, I will just google it".  Yeah....two days later and zip....zilch.  Finally found it in a bin full of patterns.  My faith in the world was restored!

I worked this one up while watching Breaking Bad on Netflix tonight.  But, I thought maybe I should throw this up on my blog in case 1) someone else may be looking for it and 2) in a year from now, I may decide to make another one and won't know what the heck I did with the pattern!

Happy Hooking!

It is my understanding that this pattern was originally available as a free pattern from Lily that someone picked up from Michaels.....not positive where it originated to be honest.

Instructions:

With 1st color, ch 4.  Join with sl st to form ring.

First round:  Ch 3 (counts as dc).  9 dc in ring.  Join with sl st to top of ch 3.  10 dc.

Second round:  Ch 3 (counts as dc).  1 dc in same sp as sl st.  *2 dc in next dc.  Repeat from * around.  Join next color with sl st to first dc.  20 dc.

Third round:  With 2nd color, ch 3 (count as dc).  1 dc in same sp as sl st.  *2 dc in next dc.  Rep from * around.  Join with sl st to top of ch 3.  40 dc.

Fourth round:  Ch 3 (counts as dc).  1 dc in each of next 2 dc.  2 dc in next dc.  *1 dc in each of next 3 dc.  2 dc in next dc.  Rep from * around.  Join 1st color with sl st to top of ch 3.  50 dc.

Fifth round:  With 1st color, ch 3 (counts as dc).  1 dc in each dc around.  Join with sl st to top of ch 3.

Sixth round:  Ch 3.  1 dc in each of next 3 dc.  2 dc in next dc.  *1 dc in next 4 dc.  2 dc in next dc.  Rep from * around.  Join 2nd color with sl st to top of ch 3.  60 dc.

Seventh round:  With 2nd color, ch 1.  1 sc in same sp as sl st.  * Miss next dc.  8 tr in next dc.  Miss next dc.  1 sc in next dc.  Rep from * to last 3 dc.  Miss next dc.  8 tr in next dc.  Miss last dc.  Join with sl st to first sc.

Fasten off and ta dahhh!


No comments:

Post a Comment