Saturday, September 29, 2012

Design Wall Heaven

I am super excited about my latest quilt project.  Granted, it is about 4 projects down the line from now.  But....when I threw these charm squares up on my design wall, I knew this was going to be a beautiful quilt.





Now, it's really too early to talk about the quilt (but the pattern will be available in the future when I complete this quilt), but I'm really posting to talk about my design wall.

This was, by far, the BEST few bucks I ever invested in my quilting room!  I always thought I could not afford a design wall, until I stumbled upon this idea online.  It works like a charm and is super cheap to make.  I LOVE having the freedom to arrange all my pieces, and rearrange them, and rearrange them some more until I love my design.  I also love that I can walk away from it for a day or two without it taking up space on my table or floor.

This design wall is made of:

1 Large Tablecloth from Wal - Mart.  Get an inexpensive one that is plastic on one side and sort of fuzzy/felt on the other side.

4 Command Strip Hooks

4 Curtain Rings with Hooks.  I got mine at Wal-Mart.  They are small rings with a clip built on so you just clip them right on where you want to.

That is it.  My fabulous other half measured and leveled for me so I knew how to evenly space out my Command Hooks.  I did have to trim and hem the end of my tablecloth a bit so that it did not drag on the floor.

You literally just press your fabric against the cloth and it stays where you put it!

If you don't have a design wall, or think you can't afford one, I highly recommend this cheap solution.  It has worked wonders for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment